SIGN UP FOR THE 2021 SERIES HERE (Sign up opens 14 days before the event and closes 24 hours before the start time):
The WCC TT events are open to all members and other invited local clubs. In fact we’d love to see anyone, who is new to time trialling, come along and give it a go. It doesn’t matter what your speed is, you can test yourself against the clock and try to improve your times during the season.
Invited local clubs – If you are not a member of Wokingham Cycling Club we ask that you sign up to our FREE Time Trial membership which lasts for the current season. This means that you are a temporary member of our club for the season. You should still input the details of your usual cycling club. Once you have signed up for membership you will need to follow the date link above and input your details again for each event. MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP HERE
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 RULES:
What are the TT Rules?
In Cycling Time Trials safety is paramount:
“When time trial courses are designed, safety is a major consideration. However, a competitor’s safety remains entirely his or her own responsibility. Events are held on open roads, and competitors must obey the relevant laws and the Highway Code before, during and after a race. Competitors must avoid creating situations that are unsafe for other road users.”
- The standard CTT rules apply https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/9
- Full CTT regulations can be found here https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/11
- For those new to time trials, this is a good introduction http://www.theraceoftruth.org.uk/your-first-time-trial/
- The Highway Code and all road laws still apply; the roads are open
- Time Trials are against the clock with single riders (or team of two or more) set of at specific time gaps. Drafting is strictly prohibited
- Helmets are mandatory (for WCC events)
- A rear light is mandatory
How do I sign up and is there a fee?
WCC MEMBER – Sign up by clicking the date at the top of this page or finding the event in the WCC calendar.Once you have input your details, you must wait a minute for the payment page to load.
Invited local club member – If you are not a member of Wokingham Cycling Club we ask that you sign up to our FREE Time Trial membership which lasts for the current season. This means that you are a temporary member of our club for the season. You should still input the details of your usual cycling club. Once you have signed up for membership you will need to follow the date link above and input your details again for each event. MEMBERSHIP SIGN-UP HERE
Once you have input your details, you must wait a minute for the payment page to load. Cash will not be accepted on the day of the event. This fee includes the levy we must pay to CTT. Any problems please email [email protected]
What are the communications if a ride is cancelled?
In the event of a cancellation communications will be posted on the Wokingham Cycling Club website; on the public and members Facebook page; sent by e-mail to all entrants.
What is the route?
The route is officially called HCC234. The route is not signed, so we would advise memorising or loading it on your GPS device.
You can also download the route from the CTT webpage and see the course records, HERE
What is the gender split?
There will be competitions held for each individual event and across the series. All competitions, with the exception of most improved rider, will be split based into female and male. Transgender athletes are welcome as per the CTT Transgender Policy:
What are the categories?
There will be 2 categories of event run simultaneously.
- “Merckx” rules
To encourage inclusivity, “Merckx” rules is for standard road bikes and equipment not specifically made for time trials. Therefore, none of the following is permitted in “Merckx” rules:
- Time trial specific frames/bikes (aero road frames are permitted)
- Clip on aero bars
- Disc wheels
- Wheel rims deeper than 60mm
- Time trial specific helmets (non time-trial specific aero helmets are permitted)
- The “Aero” category.
For anyone in pursuit of a personal best wishing to make aero gains!
- All of the prohibited equipment from Merckx rules is permitted, within the UCI guidelines https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/constitutions-regulations/equipment
- Use of any single piece of the equipment prohibited from Merckx rules will automatically enter a rider into the Time Trial “Aero” category
What are the individual event competitions?
Each Time Trial will have a winner based on the shortest elapsed time in the Merckx and Aero categories by gender.
What are the series competitions?
There are two series competitions.
1. Most improved riders
This will be measured as the improvement between the first and subsequent times of a rider of either gender in the same category.
*The Time Trial team reserve the right to review and exclude times to remove the effect of any ‘mechanicals’ such as punctures.
2. Series winners
These will be the rider with the fastest time, by category and gender.
SIGN UP FOR THE 2021 SERIES HERE (Sign up opens 15 days before the event and closes 24h before the start time):
Click below to see results.
2019: Results Page
2021: Results Page